Happy Hallows Eve friends! I am so excited to be blogging again, after taking time to move into the new house and finally settling in I can get back into the swing of things. Today I’m sharing a favorite recipe of ours and it’s simple and fun! This is a jello salad made with fresh blueberries, berry blue Jell-O, a pretzel crust and other yummy ingredients. I’m not a baking-blogger so this isn’t super fancy and I haven’t specified calories or anything of that nature but I wanted to share because this jello salad is delicious, well at least to our family and it’s fun for Halloween or a Monster themed Birthday. Enjoy!!
6 oz package berry blue Jell-O mix
2 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups salted pretzels before crushing
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
8 oz package cream cheese softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 oz tub cool whip thawed in the fridge
1 lb fresh blueberries
1 package googly eye candies
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Combine berry blue Jell-O with two cups boiling water and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Crush 2 1/2 cups of pretzels in a sturdy ziplock bag, using a rolling pin.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt 8 Tbsp unsalted butter then slowly add 1/4 cup sugar and stir. Mix in crushed pretzels. Transfer to a 9×13 dish pressing the pretzel mix evenly over the dish and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F, then let it cool.
4. While the mix is cooling beat 8 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip until smooth. Spread mixture over cooled pretzels and spread all the way to the edges of the dish. Refrigerate for 30 min.
5. Wash and dry 1 lb blueberries and stir them into the cooled jello. Pour the blueberry jello mixture over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate until jello is set. (2-4 hours).
6. After jello has set add the googly eye candies on top!